Monday 8 July 2013

Question

So here's the thing, I'm almost positive that I want to go to college after I get my high school diploma but the thing is what do I want to study? So far I have to options, the first is Law Clerk. It sounds fun but I don't know, I mean there was a time that I wanted to be a lawyer; think its because of all the times I've watched "Law& Order", and this will get me close to being that. The second is getting my diploma in ECE (Early Childhood Education) I've always loved working with children and ever since I read "Anne of Green Gables" I wanted to be a teacher just like Anne.

Here's the thing, the cousin says not to go into teaching because I won't get a job with the board; that's her problem right now, I say I don't have to get a teaching position right away I could always start out in a daycare and work my way up. There are some colleges that offer getting your ECE online and that's great but I know that I need to get out and meet people I can't stay here in my room all my life. I'm afraid in a sense of the world because I've never had much experience with it.

So what do I do? Do I go with something that I've wanted to do since I was a child or do I go with something that I wanted to do but then gave up that dream; law students have to stay in school another 7 years, both of these choices are 2 years and 4 semesters. The Centennial Progress campus offers both law clerk and ECE  and from what I understand, its only an hour away give or take. Then there is also Seneca college that offers ECE.

I really want to become a teacher but like I said, there is the cousin telling me not to do it and i'll never find a job but why do something that my heat isn't in it? My heart is actually in writing but there isn't a promise there either that I'll get my book published. There is another part of my brain asking when the fuck I became such a spineless git and listened to what others say? I've taken care of myself for a long time; I mean nothing against mom but I pretty much had to do everything for myself, so I say if I want to become a teacher then why in the fuck don't I go and get my ECE start in a daycare and work my way up from there?

I think I would make a good teacher. I love being around children;hell when I did my co-op placement in HS I didn't want to work in the office I rather had been in the classroom and when the teachers let me sit in was some of the funnest time I had there. When I did the leading to reading programme at the library I had fun teaching them to read and I'm thinking of taking that back up again; though that would mean giving up my Sat with the aunt and uncle but its a sacrifice that I'm willing to take.

You know writing this all out has helped me to chose what I want to go to college for. I want to get my ECE and be on my way to becoming a teacher. I just need to figure out how to get my First Aid and CPR certificates. The cousin will probably try to put me off my plan but I won't let her, this is something that I've wanted to do since I was a kid and by fuck I'm going to go out and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment