Thursday 13 December 2012

Author Interview with Amanda Taylor

Amanda Taylor is a first time self publish author. Her first book is "The King and His Warrior Bride". I was able to sit down with her and do this interview.

Summary: King Henry has chosen what he believes to be a meek woman. A short courtship soon disproves that. It is only after they are wed that he sees the woman he really married. She is kind, but very protective of those she loves, and is willing to die for what she believes in. When an enemy of her past teams up with an enemy of his, the battle for their kingdom is on. What else about his bride does King Henry not know?


So Amanda, please tell us about yourself? 

Well my name is Amanda Taylor and I am 23 years old. I've been married almost a year.

Tell us about your book? 

The King and his Warrior Bride is my first novel. It tells the story of King Henry of England and his bride that is so unlike any woman from that time period. She can kick ass and defend herself just as well as any man can. The novel details the first year of their marriage and all the trials and heartbreak that occur within it. It has its sad moments and definitely some good times too. It is an adult novel I will tell you that.


What made you want to write this book? 

I have wanted to write my own novel for some time now. I just never had any ideas of my own. I actually wrote out one chapter of this when it came to me. Just something in my head that I wanted to write out. I got involved in a sort of writing competition and i decided to use the one part I wrote as a starting point and went from there.


 Who are your literary inspirations?

Well I pretty much like to read anything I can get my hands on. As long as it gets me interested, I'll read it. I have a lot of favorite authors and I hope that one day I can be like them. Rowling was amazing in how she got the whole world interested in a boy wizard. Meyer was good with her love story between a eternal teen and a mortal girl. I like how they did their stories. Another favorite of mine is Sharon Lathan. She wrote what you would call a continuation of a classic and still made it her own. She wrote what happened after Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett confessed their love for each other. She did a really good job and I hope that one day I could be like these authors and have great novels that people love to read.
 
How long have you been writing? 

I've been writing for a long time actually. Nothing really big. I do write a lot of fan fiction. This is my first writing project that wasn't based off of someone else's idea. I've tossed and rewritten so many ideas that it's crazy.


Why did you start writing?

I started writing because I wanted to put my imagination out there for someone else to read. I wanted to escape into a world of my own and just give others a world to escape to as well. Writing helps me escape and I love taking characters and making them have adventures and that sort of thing.

What are your plans for the future? 

Hopefully I can write more novels and become a good author. I am not doing it for the money or anything like that. I want to write novels to give readers out there something different and good to read. I get ideas often and I hope to turn them into actual novels


Any other books that you are working on?

As far as future books, yes there will be more coming from my brain. I don't think I can continue Warrior Bride unless I go with a future generation but I do have other ideas swimming around in my head. Modern day stuff, period pieces, mysteries. Anything that I can make my own I will write.


Thank you so much Amanda, for doing this interview with me. 

You are very welcome and thank you for having me on here

The King and His Warrior Bride 







No comments:

Post a Comment