Monday 17 September 2012

Cover for my first original story

So I'm working on a short story to be included in an anthology. The title of the book is "Dark Obsidian". Its unclear when the book will be out (15 other writers) but hopefully it will be soon. I'm so excited that something that I wrote that's not fan fiction will be published. I hope that other will love my story as much as I do.

The story that I'm writing is called "The Vampire Rockstar". The lead character is a vampire named Sarah; she was created 10 years before the 'Titanic" disaster, she's half Irish and half Scottish and the middle child. Her father is a lawyer and her mother runs a lot of charities. They live in a big manor house in England, her oldest sister Christine is a newly wed and her younger sister Amy is still in school. Sarah is engaged to Jonathan.

I don't have the whole story planned out yet but I know that it will all come together in the end. I've just passed the 5,000 word mark and got another 11,000 or so words to go. The inspiration for the story came from a couple of places, my love of music, vampires and also the Criminal Minds episode titled "The Performer".

 I asked my good friend/sister Noreia to help in making the banner and this is what she made for me and I love it. Here is the banner:





No comments:

Post a Comment